This program contains all the necessary subjects required to obtain the certification of PTRD Advanced Scuba Diver,
certified with ISO 24801-2, equivalent to RSTC Open Water Diver.
It has been drafted based on the EUF/ISO, CMAS and RSTC standard guidelines.
The PTRD Advanced Diver Training Programme is designed to cultivate the essential skills required for sound diving practice, irrespective of level or environment. It performs a three-fold function:
It provides the recreational diver, who does not desire further diver training, with an opportunity to advance his/her basic diving skills, thereby developing more comfort, confidence, and competence in the water.
It provides the diver with aspirations of more advanced diver training with the tools that will contribute to a greater likelihood of success.
It provides non- PTRD Open Water Diver trained divers with a gateway to PTRD 2 Star Diver training.
Once you do the theory and practices in the sea, and pass the evaluation,
you will sign the COURSE DECLARATION FORM
and your instructor will certify you with
PTRD Advanced Diver, which accredits you to:
- Diving with a 1 Star Diver or Advanced Diver in shallow water that does not require decompression.
- dive within the following parameters, unless you have received additional training or are accompanied by a dive leader:
- up to a maximum recommended depth of 40 meters with another diver of your same or higher level;
- using only air as respiratory gas
- to make dives that NOT-require mandatory decompression stops in the water
- participate in nightly diving activities;
- for diving in environments where it is possible to ascend directly and vertically to the surface. (Aquatic plants are not considered an obstruction to ascent);
- for diving only when adequate surface support is available;
- dive in conditions that are equal to or better than the conditions in which you were trained.
If you are unable to successfully complete any of the sections, discuss with your instructor the options available, whether it is certification of a lower degree or the possibility of completing your course at another Centre.