Aim of the training program
This training program aims to build on the skills learned during the PTRD Entry Professional Diver fundamentals of SCUBA diving and advance the skills in professional SCUBA diving such as deeper diving and night diving activities, whilst using air or max. Nitrox-40 as a breathing gas, to a recommended maximum depth of 40mt + deep national regulation, meters in a safe and competent manner.
Competencies of a certified PTRD Advanced Professional Diver
A PTRD Advanced Professional Diver shall be trained such that when assessed by a PTRD Professional Instructor, he shall be deemed to have sufficient knowledge, skill and experience to procure air, equipment, and other diving services and to plan, conduct, and log advanced open-water dives that require in-water decompression stops, without the supervision of a PTRD Instructor or PTRD Dive Leader, when properly equipped and accompanied by another certified diver of at least the same level, provided the diving activities undertaken, the diving conditions and the diving area are similar, equal or better to those in which training was received.
A PTRD Advanced Professional Diver is qualified to dive in Advanced Professional Specialties Diving Courses within the following parameters::
- To dive to a maximum recommended depth of forty (40) meters with other SCUBA divers of the same level;
- To use air or max. Nitrox-40 as a breathing gas;
- To make dives that require easy mandatory in-water decompression stops;
- To participate in night diving activities;
- To dive into environments where direct vertical access to the surface is possible. (Aquatic plants are not considered an overhead obstruction);
- To dive only when appropriate support is available at the surface;
- To dive under conditions that are equal or better than the conditions in which he was trained.
NOTE: This certification only permits participation in professional diving courses, without the next specialty course is not possible to ask the equivalent PTRD 2 Star Nitrox Diver.
Prerequisites for participation in the training program
In order to gain access to the PTRD Advanced Professional Diver Training Programme, the participant shall:
- Have successfully completed and be certified as a PTRD Professional specialty Diver and 20 logged dives
- -Be at least 18 years of age; there is no upper limit.
- Effectively demonstrate his basic waterman-ship ability by performing, to a PTRD Instructor, the prescribed physical conditioning and waterman-ship evaluation of the PTRD Country Partner;
- Complete the medical history/statement form required by the PTRD Country Partner prior to participating in any in-water activities; and
- Sign the appropriate form(s) as required by the PTRD Country Partner acknowledging and assuming the risks of SCUBA diving prior to participating in any in-water activities.
- Oxygen administration and CPR training.